4 Months in Africa....Morocco



My first trip to Morocco was an eye opener. I had never visited a country with such culture before. Surfing changes your life in and out of the water. You want to discover waves and with the search comes travel.


The opportunity to work and live in Morocco had come my way this winter thanks to an ever growing company Surf Moroc (http://www.surfmaroc.co.uk/). I was a surf coach and guide in and around Taghazout. This is the most popular area in Morocco for surfers. Its such an idyllic area for surfing and the perfect training ground. Within a few miles you have point breaks, reefs, and beaches all for different levels. Not forgetting probably one of the most famous breaks in Morocco anchor point.


Some of the local surfers said it was one of the most inconsistant winters in about 8 years. As a Welsh girl born and bread, not fully kitted out from head to toe in neopreme it was one of the best winters for surfing. I surfed as much as I could...........

Popular Posts